0.0.19-alpha1 release 2019-06-11
With this latest release, we’re happy to announce that we have made great strides in improving Windows support for Holochain, particularly for the installation process. By doing so, we hope to demonstrate our commitment to serving the widest possible community of users.
We’ve also introduced improvements and fixes for bridging, improved error messaging, along with a streamlined serialization/deserialization process for the most common type of zome function return value.
- Installation: New Windows Install Process Based on Vagrant
- Debugging: Calls to Other Zomes and Bridges Now Log Errors
- Bridging/Breaking Change: Bridge Configuration Checked for Correctness
- Bridging: Live Changes to Bridge Configuration No Longer Require Restart
- Developer Experience: Safe Serialization/Deserialization of Result Type
This release consists of binary builds of:
To install, simply download and extract the binary for your platform. See our installation quick-start instructions for details.
Rust and NodeJS are both required for
hc to build and test DNA:
- Must be
nightly-2019-01-24build with the WASM build target. Once you have first installed rustup:
rustup toolchain install nightly-2019-01-24 rustup default nightly-2019-01-24 rustup target add wasm32-unknown-unknown --toolchain nightly-2019-01-24
- Node.js version 8 or higher
- For further info, check out the holochain-nodejs module
Download only the binaries for your operating system.
- mingw build system:
- Visual Studio build system:
All binaries are for 64-bit operating systems. 32-bit systems are NOT supported.